Friday, June 24, 2016

Jun 24 - Bull trap from hell

I got some back by going long XIV pre market on the partial gap fill but didn't come close to recovering the solid losses on the Brexit move.  I am currently flat.  The boat was way too loaded to the long side (myself too bullish before a major risk event) and it toppled over in a big way.  I could easily see the gap being filled but if it does we have a good chance of retesting today's lows and more because of 'hangovers' associated with such a violent move.  Equities, currencies, commodities are all going nuts today.

Just a thought.  for now, appears to be more downside than upside potential.

No comments:

Aug 25 - Re-entered (again) GLD short, long LVS, AMZN, NFLX, SHAK

I have been stopped out twice in last few weeks trying to short GLD.  I have a pretty sizeable position of Nov/ Dec GLD/ GDX puts. Also ha...