Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Aug 9 - Equities listless

I sold 1/2 of my XOP position yesterday and closed the rest today.  I have a handful of VXX/ UVXY spreads and a 20% position in CMG but otherwise flat.  I am not too excited about the market in either direction.

I was hoping to provide an update of the discretionary + volatility acct and will post the results soon.  So far I am -3% in the discretionary and +1% in the volatility acct.

Still pretty rangebound
 Riding the upper Bollinger so not a great place to enter new longs
 This one I am eyeing as a short (maybe 10% of acct) if it gets close to the yellow box

 Still in CMG as this turd continues to go nowhere

No comments:

Aug 25 - Re-entered (again) GLD short, long LVS, AMZN, NFLX, SHAK

I have been stopped out twice in last few weeks trying to short GLD.  I have a pretty sizeable position of Nov/ Dec GLD/ GDX puts. Also ha...