Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sept 14 - Pause day

Sold off XIV shortly after open for a nice 3.5% gain and still holding TWLO which has been slightly drifting downward for a week on decreasing volume.  It looks like a good set up but not pleasant being 1/3 underwater on my calls.  MEMP close to a stop out but giving a bit of rope to this one.

I am anticipating a repeat mid May where saw a very similar pattern and a Thurs reversal and Fri follow through.  Tomorrow if we get a more down I will aggressively buy XIV or VXX puts.  Overall, this churn is healthy as it is allowing us to carve out a short term bottom.



No comments:

Aug 25 - Re-entered (again) GLD short, long LVS, AMZN, NFLX, SHAK

I have been stopped out twice in last few weeks trying to short GLD.  I have a pretty sizeable position of Nov/ Dec GLD/ GDX puts. Also ha...