Thursday, June 29, 2017

Jun 29 - Going for broke in commodities

I added COP July28 46 calls at .52 and now am allocated 10% COP, 60% XME Sept 33 calls, 30% FCX 13 Aug calls in the Cecil Fielder account.  If USD collapses in the coming months, it will provide a major tailwind to my positions.  A lot of the options positions have potential to increase 5-10x.

The overcrowded USD long trade is falling back to the lower end of the zone and may overshoot

FCX finally broke out the zone.  Hopefully it sticks as time is running short on the Aug 13 calls @ .52
 XME I have adequate time in Sept so a back test of the trendline won't kill the positions.
Have Sept15 33 calls @ .39
 COP July 28 46 @ .52 calls picked up this morning.

No comments:

Aug 25 - Re-entered (again) GLD short, long LVS, AMZN, NFLX, SHAK

I have been stopped out twice in last few weeks trying to short GLD.  I have a pretty sizeable position of Nov/ Dec GLD/ GDX puts. Also ha...